- Illnesses, injuries and disabilities can lead to homelessness when individuals have insufficient income and lack access to aff ordable health care.
- Living on the street often exacerbates existing health problems and creates new ones.
- Chronic diseases such as hypertension, asthma, diabetes and other ongoing conditions are difficult to manage without access to proper care and medication.
- Broward Partnership’s on-site Health Care Unit develops a complete medical history, provides physical examinations and evaluates the additional health concerns of each program participant.
- The Health Care Unit also provides educational information and oversees the stabilization of individual medication and treatment programs in conjunction with the participant’s primary care physician.
- The Unit is available for medical care evaluation and referrals to urgent care or specialized medical services as needed.
- 966 medical screenings were performed at the Unit.
- 1,304 follow up visits were made to Broward Health’s Healthcare for the Homeless Program.
- 686 referrals were made by Broward Health for specialized care.
Funders & Partners
Broward Health’s Healthcare for the Homeless Program
Local anonymous donor
The Batchelor Foundation