SHORT-TERM HOUSING/RAPID RE-HOUSING/PERMANENT SUPPORTIVE HOUSING
While the total number of sheltered and unsheltered persons experiencing homelessness in Broward County decreased by 2.9% last year, our work is not finished; the Broward Partnership continues to combat homelessness in our community because:
- On any given night, there are almost 800 individuals and families without shelter in Broward County.
- An average of 164 families each month are homeless and on the community’s waiting list for shelter.
- As part of its housing division, the Broward Partnership continues to provide safe and secure, short-term shelter with a robust array of case management services which highlights alternatives to living on the street and provides each program participant with the tools to reacquire health, stable housing and employment within a limited time frame.
- Through the Partnership’s Families First! Rapid Re-Housing program, participants and their families are assessed, stabilized and provided supportive services to assist them in transitioning to stable housing as quickly as possible, where the case management services continue.
- The Partnership also provides services to our community’s most challenged populations. In collaboration with the City of Ft. Lauderdale Chronic Homeless Housing Collaborative Project, the Partnership provides intensive case management and permanent supportive services to the chronic population in Fort Lauderdale.
- 1,043 individuals and families received emergency shelter services.
- 62% of adult residents discharged from the program obtained permanent housing.
- 97,612 nutritious meals were provided.
- An additional 354 bed nights were provided during emergency cold weather episodes.
- 13 Families First! Rapid Re-Housing families placed in stable, permanent housing and receiving
- 18 individuals placed and receiving services from Permanent Supportive Housing via the Chronic Homeless Housing Collaborative with the City of Ft. Lauderdale.
Funders & Partners
Broward County Board of County Commissioners
Broward County Homeless Initiative Partnership
City of Fort Lauderdale
Mary Jane Harlow Charitable Trust
Taskforce Fore Ending Homelessness, Inc.
The Jim Moran Foundation